This one-day course will introduce the delegates to some key coaching models, tools and techniques. It will explore how performance can be dramatically improved through specifically focused conversations. Participants will be introduced to, and practice, a range of coaching models for holding these conversations which they will be able to apply immediately on their return to work.
As a result of this session, the participants will:
- Understand how to identify development needs and produce a personal development plan
- Recognise how learning is facilitated and blocked in people
- Understand what coaching is and is not and explain the role and benefits of coaching
- Learn the skills of effective coaching, questioning, problem solving, listening etc.
- Use the GROW coaching tool to run a coaching session
- Be aware of Force Field Analysis as a coaching strategy
- Understand the Practice Spiral technique (coaching inexperienced staff when a more directive approach is needed)
- Understand how to give meaningful feedback when coaching