Mentoring Programme (CMI Level 5)
This programme is ideal for organisations looking to introduce a formal mentoring scheme.
The 5-day mentor training programme runs over 6-8 months. (Two consecutive days, a 6-8 week break, followed by 2 additional days, each with a 6-8 week break in-between). A one-day assignment workshop would run mid-programme.
Training delivery days are practically focused and make use of a wide range of interactive group techniques and practice sessions including coaching trios and action learning.
4 Training days cover the following:
- Introduction to mentoring
- Differences between mentoring and coaching
- Coaching models and skills to be used in mentoring
- Mentoring tools and techniques
- Use of journalling
- Problem-solving techniques
- Setting boundaries – guidelines and protocols
- How mentoring fits with the bigger picture in your organisation
- Practice sessions
- Setup of Action Learning Sets
Mentor practice sessions and Action Learning Sets would run in-between the training days giving the delegates maximum opportunity to practice.
CMI Level 5 Management Coaching and Mentoring, Unit 5018V1 – Mentoring Practice and Theory.