Recruitment & Selection
This 2-day course is aimed at anyone involved in the recruitment and selection of new employees and will help and enable you to adopt a fair, systematic and effective approach to recruitment and selection. The second day is spent in 3 mock interviews in small groups ensuring all delegates practice skills learnt.
This course will help you to:
- Understand and apply relevant legislation and good employment practice.
- Use job analysis to prepare job descriptions and person specifications
- Draft cost-effective, appropriate adverts which target and attract suitable applicants
- Evaluate the pros, cons and uses of different types of selection techniques
- Short-list candidates fairly and systematically
- Organise and conduct professionally planned and structured interviews
- Make the right decisions and provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates
- Develop an induction plan for a new employee